They’re small but can destroy your home.
Termites are something that most of us have to deal with at one time or another. You need to be diligent and aware of signs of termites.
Prevention is better then cure when it comes to termites. We tend to ignore what we can’t see.
Thankfully getting on top of them before they destroy your property or your property’s re-sale value is straightforward if you follow the right process.
After all, if you are going to the effort of getting termites dealt with, you want to make sure you get the treatment right.
At Surety we;
- Carry out a comprehensive and accurate Termite Inspection
- Are not only termite specialists but are also building consultants. This is important because we understand buildings and how termites can affect a building structure. We can provide advice on structural integrity issues and the best way forward to correct any damage. Most Pest Managers don’t have a background in building.
- Only recommend treatment if there’s an issue
- Use only the top quality Nemesis bait system that is designed for Australian conditions
- Use only non-toxic human and pet-friendly chemicals – proven safe and effective
- Take care of everything – there’s no mess, preparation or clean up for you
- Are 100% licensed, insured and also qualified in Building Construction Cert IV so you can be sure you are engaging the best to treat & manage your property
AS3660.2-2000—Termite Management-In and around existing buildings and structures
AS4349.3-2010—Inspection of buildings-Timber Pest Inspections
How to identify termite activity
Termites can be hard to spot because most of the activity happens beneath the surface of the property. The earlier termite activity is discovered the easier it is to resolve, and the longer they are left the more serious the structural damage to your property.
Signs of termite activity may include;
- Unusual deposits of mud outside, for example on timbers or timber fences. This is known as termite mudding.
- Mud inside a cupboard, on or around skirting, on doorframes, on the architraves to windows or doors.
- Skirtings crumbling if something bumps into them, like a vacuum cleaner or piece of furniture
- Wall paint blistering
If you see any of these symptoms, or live in a street or suburb that has termites you should have us assess whether they’ve started to eat their way into your home.
Read what a Termite Inspection Involves
What happens if termites are found
Termites are prolific, infecting around 1 out of every 3 homes in certain parts of Australia.
If you find termites do not to use household sprays because this will only cause them to hide, making treatment more difficult and costly. By using a household spray you are only killing the surface termites, there are many more below the surface. Instead call us immediately on 1300 767 741 and we can apply the correct treatment to eradicate the termites.
If one of our experts finds termites at your property, eradication options will be discussed with you. Most clients prefer us to treat the problem then and there, but you are also free to consider other options.
To find out more about this service call us on 1300 767 741 or send an enquiry or make a booking